Sunday, June 20, 2010

A farewell

A close friend of mine will be leaving Bangalore soon, marking the way that we all are going to live our lives separately. Four years out of college, and it still hasn't sunk-in that we are gravitating away from the back-slapping chumminess that we share with our friends. But now friends will go their separate ways, and I will take mine and hope that we keep in touch.

I'm not particularly sad or broody about him leaving, its just that he won't be near enough for me to drop into his place every time I feel like. I'm going to miss him just like I miss the Dehradun winters, wistfully and retrospectively.

5 comments:

  1. Had to happen. :) Some day, you might also leave, and I will miss you too. :)

    Par kaun hai?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ amit and Bubbu: A school friend of mine, Siddharth Nautiyal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thought of checking out your blog and was surprised to see a post about me :)
    Buddy, its true that things change, but friendship remains forever. You can still drop by anytime at my place on your next trip to Doon and we'll have a rocking road trip to Himachal !! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Siddharth: Of course! Himachal here we come!

    ReplyDelete